List/Grid

Yeager Airport recharges plan to go off the grid with solar power

Yeager Airport recharges plan to go off the grid with solar power

In 2014, the Federal Aviation Administration allocated the Charleston airport more than $15 million to complete the project, which would make Yeager the first airport in the nation to supply… Read more »

Airport Code:
U.S. State:
Yeager Airport recharges plan to go off the grid with solar power

Yeager Airport recharges plan to go off the grid with solar power

In 2014, the Federal Aviation Administration allocated the Charleston airport more than $15 million to complete the project, which would make Yeager the first airport in the nation to supply… Read more »

Airport Code:
U.S. State:
West Virginia man among the dead in work related helicopter crash in Pa.

West Virginia man among the dead in work related helicopter crash in Pa.

SMETHPORT, Pa. — A West Virginia man is among the victims killed in a helicopter crash Sunday on a job site in Pennsylvania. Investigators from the Federal Aviation Administration and… Read more »

U.S. State: , ,
Section:
Spot zoning ordinance proposed for Eastern West Virginia Regional Airport

Spot zoning ordinance proposed for Eastern West Virginia Regional Airport

Berkeley County Council attorney Norwood Bentley said the zoning ordinance would add “more teeth” to an existing regulation that was adopted in 2004, and he noted that new ordinance also… Read more »

U.S. State: ,
Section:
North Central West Virginia’s aerospace industry continues to reach new heights

North Central West Virginia’s aerospace industry continues to reach new heights

“The Robert C. Byrd National Aerospace Education Center offers the only Federal Aviation Administration-approved training program in the state of West Virginia in aviation maintenance technology that leads to careers… Read more »

U.S. State: ,
Yeager Airport breaks ground on hillside repair project

Yeager Airport breaks ground on hillside repair project

Sayre said about 90 percent of the runway project will be funded through the Federal Aviation Administration. The other 10 percent will come from the state. U.S. Senator Shelley Moore… Read more »

Airport Code:
U.S. State:
State Congressional delegation celebrates Yeager Airport groundbreaking

State Congressional delegation celebrates Yeager Airport groundbreaking

He said federal law prohibited using funding from both the Federal Emergency Management Agency and Federal Aviation Administration for construction work, effectively blocking repairs at Yeager. So members of West… Read more »

Airport Code:
U.S. State: ,
Section: ,
Pierpont aims to change public perception

Pierpont aims to change public perception

“We are the only Federal Aviation Administration approved Part 147 training center in the state of West Virginia,” Stose said. “That’s technical training required to become certificated as an airplane… Read more »

U.S. State: ,
Major renovations, other projects at Tri-State Airport aim to ease travel, improve infrastructure

Major renovations, other projects at Tri-State Airport aim to ease travel, improve infrastructure

“We have the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to help us with funding, as well as the West Virginia Aviation Commission helping with our capital improvement projects,” he said. “We are… Read more »

U.S. State: ,
Enplanements flying high at Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport

Enplanements flying high at Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport

After a closed, executive session to discuss potential property acquisition, the authority voted 3-0, with two members absent, to authorize Kelly to go out for bids to remove obstructions —… Read more »

Airport Code:
U.S. State: ,
© 2014 FAA Daily.com. All rights reserved. Web hosting by Lambda Host.
Proudly designed by Theme Junkie.