List/Grid

Little Rock runway redo vexes private fliers

Little Rock runway redo vexes private fliers

A feature at the state’s largest airport that business pilots find convenient will be eliminated under a Federal Aviation Administration nationwide initiative to reduce airfield danger. The feature, which the… Read more »

Airport Code:
U.S. State:
<b>Federal Aviation Administration</b> honors Arkadelphia airport

Federal Aviation Administration honors Arkadelphia airport

The Federal Aviation Administration, Southwest Region, recently presented the Arkadelphia airport — Dexter B. Florence Memorial Field — with the Arkansas 2017 Airport of the Year Award. Present at the… Read more »

U.S. State:
Section:
Directors approves condemnation resolution, bids

Directors approves condemnation resolution, bids

The Federal Aviation Administration will pay for 90 percent of the contract, while the Arkansas Department of Aeronautics will contribute the remaining 10 percent on a reimbursable basis. The drainage… Read more »

U.S. State:
Young Brothers Announces New President

Young Brothers Announces New President

Boivin earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA from the University of Arkansas and is a Certified Project Management Professional, a Certified Energy Manager, a… Read more »

U.S. State: ,
Training Course Prepares Drone Pilots to Take FAA Certification Exam

Training Course Prepares Drone Pilots to Take FAA Certification Exam

ROGERS, Ark. – The University of Arkansas Global Campus partnered with the College of Engineering to offer a four-session course to help drone pilots learn to fly safely and legally,… Read more »

U.S. State:
Section:
Drone Prompts Diversion of Arkansas Wildfire Surveillance Plane

Drone Prompts Diversion of Arkansas Wildfire Surveillance Plane

The Federal Aviation Administration said Wednesday it works with forestry agencies to warn people about the danger. “Drones and emergency operations don’t mix,” FAA spokesman Lynn Lunsford of Fort Worth,… Read more »

U.S. State: ,
Section: ,
Fort Smith Regional Airport, 188th OK fire, rescue deal

Fort Smith Regional Airport, 188th OK fire, rescue deal

In the past three years, the airport has purchased a new aircraft firefighting truck and refurbished two older fire trucks, largely with Federal Aviation Administration grants. A new $3 million… Read more »

Airport Code:
U.S. State:
<b>Federal Aviation Administration</b> Can’t Stop Yellville Thanksgiving ‘Turkey Drop’

Federal Aviation Administration Can’t Stop Yellville Thanksgiving ‘Turkey Drop’

The Federal Aviation Administration [FAA] has said it doesn’t have the power to stop live turkeys being thrown from planes. The animals are thrown out of the moving aircraft as… Read more »

U.S. State:
Country:
Small jet steered off airport runway

Small jet steered off airport runway

Staton Breidenthal A Cessna Citation CJ4 jet is prepared to be towed Tuesday morning at Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport/Adams Field after it ran off the runway late Monday… Read more »

Airport Code:
U.S. State:
Early thanksgiving

Early thanksgiving

Arkansas is a primary home for waterfowl in mid-November. The sheriff in Arkansas County, Arkansas–Todd Wright–figures the birds had something to do with a helicopter crash in his jurisdiction over… Read more »

U.S. State:
Section:
© 2014 FAA Daily.com. All rights reserved. Web hosting by Lambda Host.
Proudly designed by Theme Junkie.